Bandon Hosts Regional Oregon Main Street Network Meeting
Oregon Main Street will be hosting four Regional Networking Meetings this summer. Oregon Main Street is housed in Heritage Programs, Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. Oregon Main Street works with communities to develop comprehensive, incremental revitalization strategies based on a community’s unique assets, character and heritage. Services are based on the successful Main Street Approach® developed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and include training and technical assistance. The goal is to build high quality, livable and sustainable communities that will grow Oregon’s economy.
Previously, Statewide Network Meetings have been held quarterly. This is the first trial of Regional Network Meetings, which provides the opportunity for regions to discuss topics that are more specific to them. “We really hope to stimulate a regional downtown dialogue,” says Sheri Stuart, Oregon Main Street State Coordinator. All citizens or groups interested in learning more about downtown revitalization are welcome to attend.
Bandon is one of four cities in the state that will have the opportunity to sponsor this event, along with La Grande, Cottage Grove, and Newberg. The event will take place on July 21 at the Bandon Community Center. The “Main Street Meet-up” will be from 1 to 3 p.m. followed by a downtown walking tour at 3 – 4 p.m. in each of the host communities. Greater Bandon Association will be the host organization for this event.
The purpose of the regional network meetings is to:
- Meet fellow community members working on downtown revitalization efforts in your area
- Encourage conversation between communities
- Share information on project successes
- Identify challenges and opportunities affecting local downtown revitalization efforts
- Give feedback to Oregon Main Street on ways they can be of assistance to our communities.The “Main Street Meet-up” will be Tuesday, July 21, 2015, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Bandon Community Center. The discussion will be followed by a downtown walking tour from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. All interested citizens and groups are encouraged to participate. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Register at Eventbrite: https://eventbrite.com/event/17444954328/