Community Events Planner/Coordinator
This individual is responsible for the coordination of area wide community events and any other special events as assigned by the Events Coordination Team consisting of representatives of the Greater Bandon Association, the Bandon Chamber of Commerce, the Port of Bandon and the City of Bandon.
- Plan, coordinate and organize local fundraising events under the direction of the community events leadership team. Coordinate event logistics, including vendor arrangements and day of event logistics, work closely with local volunteers and staff to reach monetary and participation goals.
- Develop effective working relationship with each Event chair to implement and grow the participation and revenue for the events.
- Recruit, screen and train volunteers for volunteer events.
- Provides support for activities to include donors and sponsorships, acknowledging and recognizing donors, develop sponsorship agreements with vendors and businesses, provide sponsor acknowledgement and donor cultivation for events.
- Coordinate and provide support to volunteer committees as needed for special events through administrative tasks.
- Minimum two to three years or more of volunteer coordination and/or special event experience
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organization skills.
- Ability to manage, network, train and motivate volunteers
- Ability to organize detailed records, complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to learn software applications and use web based applications
- One Year Contract
- Up to $18,200. Hourly rate of $17.50 up to 1040 hours.
Please submit cover letter and resume by February 19, 2019 to:
Greater Bandon Association
P.O. Box 161
Bandon, Oregon 97411