Come work with us! GBA is hiring an Executive Director.
Organization: Greater Bandon Association
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Bandon, Oregon
Shift: Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Application Deadline: Open until filled!
The Greater Bandon Association (GBA) is a catalytic community building non-profit (501c3) organization
dedicated to community and economic revitalization of the greater Bandon area, with a focus on
preserving and building upon its historical assets and culture. As a member of Oregon Main Street, GBA
is currently at the Performing Main Street level of the nationally recognized program to enhance
downtown through economic vitality, marketing and promotions, design and preservation, and
organization/ capacity building.
The Greater Bandon Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the
Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) and Oregon Equal Pay Act. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status, or any legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary of Position
The Executive Director is the face of the organization and reports to the President of the Board and
supports the board and committee members in planning and achieving the organization’s mission,
strategy, goals, and objectives, and then directs the activities toward the achievement of these goals.
Over-arching responsibilities include community relations, strategic planning, project management, and
resource development. Hours are flexible and may include evenings and weekends.
• Establish and maintain rapport with business owners, downtown stakeholders such as elected
officials, developers and other organizations to accomplish the established goals of GBA.
• Work with GBA committees and provide updates and committee workplans to the Board.
• Ensure work plans are executed, and policies and procedures are followed in implementing
GBA’s strategic plan.
• Work in concert with the City of Bandon, Port of Bandon, Chamber of Commerce, Urban
Renewal District, School District, and other organizations.
• Manage social media including Facebook pages, Instagram, GBA website and other emergent
media the GBA Board of Directors decide to use.
• Complete required paperwork for various organizations and grantors, including reports for
Oregon Main Street as well as any formal policies and procedural documents created by the
Board of Directors.
• Recruit, manage, and coordinate volunteers among events and various committee projects.
• Attend networking meetings, summits, conferences, and other training sessions deemed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities with the ability to flex
between projects easily and work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong organization and project management skills; excellent time management skills
• Strong skills in intrapersonal communication and public speaking
• Strong technical writing skills
• Proven skills in working with a board and leading a non-profit organization
• Passion for small towns, rural development, and historic buildings
• Ability to motivate others and work with a diverse population
• Experience with grant writing and strong research skills
• Tech-savvy with proven experience in MS Office applications, Quickbooks, social media, website
content management or other graphic software
• Energetic, positive, personable and a keen sense of humor, flexibility, adaptability, and creativity
• Transparent, honest, and high integrity leadership
• Experience with community organizing and planning
• Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, community development or planning, public
administration, business, or related field
• Experience with grant writing and strong research skills
• Familiarity and/or experience with Main Street programs
• Experience in sustaining program funding from local governments, event income, sponsorships,
earned income and grant writing
• Experience in managing grant applications, disbursement, supervision, and reporting
• Experience in fundraising
Mental and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods,
to reach for and manipulate objects, tools, or controls. The position will require walking outdoors.
Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are
required to operate office equipment. The employee will be working in usual office conditions, though
external meetings will be necessary at times. The employee will utilize a computer, telephone, and a
variety of other office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position will continuously require use of the employee’s interpersonal skills, reasoning and decisionmaking abilities, comprehension of the English language (verbal and written), timeliness, attention to
detail, accuracy, and organization. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Frequently,
the employee will need to exercise basic math, creativity, and research skills. Presentation, mentoring,
technical writing, and more advanced computer skills may be occasionally requested.
Starting salary is $45,000 per year, with the full-time equivalent being 35 hours per week. Employees
will enjoy 12 paid holidays per year (bank holidays and your birthday!) as well as accrual of Paid Time Off
(PTO) of 10 hours per month. Employer will contribute to an Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resume and send to:
Mail: Greater Bandon Association; P.O. Box 161; Bandon, OR 97411