The image of a Main Street town will determine its potential for vitality and prosperity. When a town’s image declines, consumer confidence drops, businesses close, property values sink and the community deteriorates. But physical image, addressed by design improvements, is just part of the story.
- Changes community attitudes by focusing attention on the town’s best assets and potential;
- Builds a unified image by targeting a clear niche with materials and activity;
- Generates fresh activity, helping reestablish downtown as the center of community life;
- Communicates progress and excitement, attracting more investors, residents and visitors.
The elements of the Greater Bandon Association’s promotion work include:
- Image-building events: Help the community recognize and celebrate Bandon’s importance and progress through public displays and special events, such as Alive After Five and Bandon’s Night of 10,000 Lights.
- Image advertising: Promotes Bandon’s unique qualities through newspaper, radio, television, social media and mail ads.
- Media relations: Generate publicity through accurate, detailed and interesting press releases and timely communication with media contacts who have been carefully cultivated.
- Collateral materials: Repeat the logo/graphic on print materials, souvenirs and in business and other establishments.